U.S. Bank Compliance Quality Assurance - Senior Testing Manager (Home Mortgage) in Annapolis, Maryland
Seeking a highly-motivated, task-oriented leader to provide leadership, guidance, and oversight to a team of CQA testers focused on compliance testing of the Bank’s suite of home mortgage products and services. CQA is an independent testing team in the second line of defense responsible for testing the processes and controls in place to mitigate the Bank’s Compliance Risk.
This individual must be able to manage multiple projects and initiatives with tight deadlines; possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; maintain positive and productive relationships with business line and risk management partners; utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills to identify weaknesses, root causes, and effective remediation plans; hold CQA testers accountable for timely, accurate, and robust compliance tests; and identify performance weaknesses and provide remedial coaching.
In addition to the items listed above, the role of a CQA testing manager include the following responsibilities and character attributes:
• Ability to drive change and motivate teams to focus on continuous improvements.
• Keen instinct for compliance and risk management.
• Thorough understanding of compliance risks and the Bank’s associated products, processes, and controls.
• Maintain awareness of Bank, regulatory, and industry changes and trends.
• Provide coaching and training to CQA testers in order to develop a team of well-rounded risk managers.
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
• Hold team accountable for tasks and deadlines.
• Active involvement with business line partners and CQA testers throughout the design and execution of a test.
• Ensure the test scope and methodology are effective to achieve the test’s objective and are inclusive of all products, processes, and business units applicable to the rule or policy being tested.
• Review of test work papers to ensure adherence to CQA standards; to verify testing was completed thoroughly and accurately; and to ensure all findings and conclusions are well supported and properly documented.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
15 or more years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
At least ten years of audit, mortgage compliance, or regulatory experience.
Strong knowledge of U.S. Bank Home Mortgage and the laws/regulations applicable to the Bank’s mortgage products and operations.
Experienced risk manager with strong leadership abilities.
Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Strong attention to detail.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field preferred, or a Bachelor’s degree with relevant industry and/or compliance risk management experience. May have a Master’s degree, and/or professional designation in a business field.
Primary Location: Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180012417
Other Locations: Missouri-MO-Saint Louis, United States, Minnesota-MN-Hopkins
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.