U.S. Bank RCA Professional 7 in Annapolis, Maryland
Partners with their assigned Line of Business, other Risk/Compliance/Audit (RCA) professionals, and RCA Managers to, depending on their function, create, implement, maintain, review or oversee an effective risk management framework. Participates in projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Identifies gaps and inform solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors. Identifies, responds and/or escalates risks as appropriate. Serves as a functional liaison between the Line of Business and the Lines of Defense.
· Partners with TOS Risk Management Organization to understand and implement corporate risk management policies and practices. Accountable for an effective partnership between the Line of Business and the Lines of Defense.
· Defines programs and projects to ensure compliance to risk management requirements.
· Monitors the compliance and execution of risk management activities.
· Partners with Senior to Executive Leaders in their assigned Line of Business, Risk/Compliance/Audit (RCA) Consultants, RCA Managers and other Senior RCA Managers to oversee the successful creation, implementation, and maintenance of an effective risk management framework.
· Promotes general awareness of Risk Management policies, procedures and coordinates activities to foster awareness as well as understanding within an assigned business group(s). Accountable for the active identification, response and/or escalation of risks as appropriate.
· Ensures appropriate participation in high-level discussions to identify and respond to business risks.
· Ensures processes are properly designed to include controls which effectively mitigate risk. Identifies gaps and drives solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors.
· Ensures appropriate level of management participation in compliance, audit, and risk management requirements.
· Monitors the disposition/resolution of issues resulting from audits and examinations.
· Credibly challenge all levels of management within Information Technology regarding risk and controls which address the complex business requirements and regulatory environment of a major public financial institution.
· Provide management and oversight of business activities and decisions related to the various categories, including as appropriate, credit, interest rate, liquidity, market (price), operational, compliance, strategic, reputation, and BSA/AML.
· Provide specific senior cross-organizational leadership to risk and control initiatives identified in oversight areas, leading implementation in the business line or front line unit.
· Work across the organization to establish, maintain and monitor critical risk practices and internal controls that align business strategies with regulatory expectations.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
10 or more years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
Applicable professional certifications
Considerable knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
Considerable knowledge of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
Expert knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
Experience in defining and executing risk management programs and projects in a complex organization
Ability to manage job scope and complexity of assigned business at the departmental and/or division level
Strong leadership and management skills of processes, projects and people
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong analytical, problem-solving and negotiation skills
Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
Job: Compliance / Quality Control
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180007331
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.