Reston Limousine Transportation Operations Manager in Capitol Heights, Maryland
Transportation Operations Manager - Capitol Heights, MD
Reston Limousine is a 27 year old family owned, employee focused, passenger transportation company. We are the largest in the Washington, DC area curerntly seeking an expereince Transportaton Operations Manager to join our growing team in Capitol Heights, MD.
The Transportation Operations Manager is responsible for managing the day-today functions of multiple contracts with various clients, including managing several Transportation Supervisors and drivers. It is the duty of this individual to ensure that the company complies with all DOT regulations, all aspects of each contract and additionally that everyone working under him or her is also in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
We proudly offer a comprehensive benefits package to include, health, dental, vision, 401K, long & short-term disability, life insurance, paid time off and paid holidays. We provide a positive work environment with opportunity to grow within the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Motivate and manage a large number of supervisors and drivers daily
- Quickly analyze, troubleshoot and develop strategic solutions to daily situations, including any issues that may arise with clients, customers and employees
- Interact with clients, customers and serve as a liaison between clients and drivers
- Manage day-to-day requirements of contracts to ensure safety, compliance and customer satisfaction
- Ensure compliance of local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain an effective working relationship with company staff and clients
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Manage driver compliance, including but not limited to the following areas: attendance & punctuality, following correct routes, dress code, driver paperwork, daily passenger logs and exemption logs
- Train and education employees on company policies/procedures, route information etc.
- Provide leadership and guidance to employees
- Complete any administrative functions that may be necessary
- At least 3 years of supervisory/management experience in a transportation environment with proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
- CDL License with Passenger endorsement
- Clean driving record
- Current DOT medical card
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations, vehicles, equipment, maintenance and company policies and procedures
- Strong computer and organizational skills including knowledge of Microsoft office and transportation related software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service ability
- Flexible, organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing transportation environment
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work extra hours as needed
- Must be highly motivated as well as a self-starter
- High School Diploma required, some college is preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
Job Start/End Date: 20-Feb-2018 to 21-Apr-2018 (EST)
Location: Capitol Heights, MD, USA
Employment Type: Full Time