The Tatitlek Corporation Database Administrator in Dahlgren, Virginia
Tracking Code 3628-205 Job Description
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications arenot_ intended to reflect all duties performed within the job._
The Database Administrator will provide IT support to Government sponsored programs developing, installing, configuring, and upgrading databases. The DBA must demonstrate effective communication skills to interface with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares user instructions for databases and ensures they are kept up to date.
- Gathers and documents Government requirements data and enter it into systems, track procurements, and receive and organize information in Government databases.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills to interface with management, development teams, vendors and systems administrators.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, Maintain, and back up databases.
- Maintain a database of user requests, assistance and resolutions. Required Skills
Required Education, Experience, and Skills include:
- Security + certification
- The Database Administrator (DBA) shall have four (3) years of experience developing, installing, configuring, and upgrading databases.
- Experience with database design, establishing and maintaining backup and recovery policies and procedures, database tuning and performance monitoring, implementing and maintaining database security, and patch management and version controls.
- In addition, per the requirements set forth in DoD 8570.01M and DoD 8140, as a condition of privileged access to any information system, Must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining DoD IA training and certification requirements as outlined in Chapters 2-5 of the directive. Additionally, personnel with Privileged Access must complete a "Privileged Access Agreement."
- SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is typically performed in a controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. May be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. Must have or be eligible for security clearances.
Native preference applies.
The Tatitlek Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
Job Location Dahlgren, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular