AECOM Opto-Mechanical Engineer in Dahlgren, Virginia
Business Line Government
Position Title Opto-Mechanical Engineer
United States of America - Virginia
AECOM is seeking an Opto-Mechanical Engineer for our Dahlgren, VA location.
Perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, development, design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance of diverse electronic/ mechanical equipment and systems and generally as a lead of a design, analysis or review team on the most complex engineering assignments.
1. Performs a range of design development, analysis, or review tasks independently.
2. Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews.
3. Generate complete design specifications for the most complex projects.
4. May train other engineers on technical issues related to the research, design, development, testing and analysis of engineering assignments.
5. Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
6. Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed for tracking project status.
7. Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
8. Direct interface and liaison with internal and external customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
9. Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
10. Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
11. Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
12. Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
13. May organize and supervise a group of employees for a given project, contract or job with overall responsibility for cost, schedule, technical and employee performance.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Ten (10) years of experience in the design, development and integration of opto-mechanical
systems and controls related to laser systems including control, alignment, and line-of-sight
stabilization of laser systems to single-digit micro-radian accuracy. Experience in the following:
beam control architectures employing fast steering mirror design and control; ability to calculate
and design to aim point requirements, jitter, and system stability in the low and high frequency
regimes; and active and passive component alignment. Further experience in one or more of the
following areas: Control system development in Matlab Simulink or coding in higher-level
languages, and control using real-time systems.
Five (5) years of combined experience in (1) the development of laser systems and controls for
integration onto land, air, or shipboard applications and (2) vibration mitigation and control.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 180953BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.