Missile Defense Agency Program Analyst in Dahlgren, Virginia
The position(s) covered by this vacancy announcement is in the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project (AcqDemo). For more information please see: ACQDEMO
The Missile Defense Agency develops and fields an integrated Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) capable of providing a layered defense for the homeland, deployed forces, friends, and allies against ballistic missiles of all ranges in all phases of flight.
This position is in the Directorate for Warfighter Strategic Integration as the Program Office main initiator for operational analysis.
Learn more about this agency
As a Program Analyst at the NH-0343-03 some of your typical work assignments may include:
Provides operational and technical support as the agency interface between other internal organizations, Joint and Navy operational commands, industry and laboratories supporting analysis efforts.
Leads coordination efforts, develops and delivers analysis briefs to both internal and external senior leadership.
Applies operational context to analysis results that highlight system capabilities and limitations providing warfighter staffs with information needed for informed operational decision and planning development.
Coordinates operationally realistic scenario model development and the development of support strategies to maintain model representation and inserts improvements as required to address current and emerging threats.
Participates in exercises and wargames as a Subject Matter Expert on Aegis BMD system capabilities and limitations.
25% or less - 25% or less
- #### Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Program
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US citizen
- Male born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Resume and supporting documents received by 11:59PM EST will be considered
- Suitable for Federal employment determined by background investigation
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period
- This is a Drug Testing designated position
- Work Schedule: Fulltime
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Set
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Acquisition Workforce Level 2 certification in Program Management. Certification prior to hiring is not essential but must be accomplished within 24 months after entry into position
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is situational telework eligible
- Selective Service Requirement: Please visit http://www.sss.gov for more information
- Must maintain/obtain Top Secret Critical Sensitive (TS) clearance
You may qualify at the NH-03 if you fulfill the following qualifications:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the NH-02/GS-11 grade level in the Federal service: * Specialized experience required for this position is demonstrated experience in conducting highly complex studies, analysis and reviews on complex operational problems crossing organizational boundaries. * Integrating Aegis BMD maritime and land-based forces into Joint BMD operations and architectures. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, the veteran must be a preference eligible or a veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities: For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
- Equal Employment Opportunity (Copy and Paste Link):
- Disability Employment - Reasonable Accommodation (Copy and Paste Link):
Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans Other Special Appointment Authorities
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service(seehttps://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx )
For more information, please visit: General Application Information and Definitions: http://www.dla.mil/Portals/104/Documents/Careers/downloads/DoDGenAppInfo.pdf
ACQUISITION POSITION: This position requires Acquisition Workforce Level II Certification. Certification prior to hiring is not essential but must be accomplished within 24 months after entry into this position.
Selectee must acquire 80 continuous learning points every two years.
Status candidates must meet time-in-grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level).
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning and Evaluating
- Complex Weapon and Missile Systems
- Management Analysis
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible
- Other supporting document
- Cover Letter, (optional)
- Most recent SF-50 or Notification of Personnel Action showing you are/were in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held (if applying as a status candidate with current or former Federal Service and not serviced by DLA)
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, (if applicable)
- DD-214, SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities
- Non-competitive appointment authority documentation (if applicable)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.) PLEASE REVIEW the following LINK for additional documents you need to provide:
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. To preview the questionnaire, please go tohttps://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10184874
Agency contact information
MDA Servicing Team
Missile Defense Agency Bldg 5222 Martin Rd Redstone Arsenal, AL US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated. You will receive another notification about the status of your application.
A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicants reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter.
The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision. NOTE: Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement. This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/496878900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 04/16/2018 to 04/20/2018
Salary: $81,548 to $126,062 per year Filled as an NH-III High, with a starting salary range of $81,548-$126,062 (includes 28.22% locality), unless statutory or regulatory rules prevail
Pay scale & grade: NH 3
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent