The Tatitlek Corporation Systems Engineer in Dahlgren, Virginia
Tracking Code 3606-205 Job Description
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications arenot_ intended to reflect all duties performed within the job._
The Systems Engineer shall have experience in the area of requirements identification, analysis, design, installation, maintenance, operations, and change control. The position is not covered under the Service Contract Act (SCA) Davis Bacon Act (DBA), or union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the Training Systems Lead focusing on engineering efforts that directly support PMS 339 Surface Training Systems including but not limited to the Combined Integrated Air and Missile Defense and Anti-Submarine Warfare Trainer (CIAT).
- Investigate and collect requirements from project leads and customers; research requirements using web tools, internet, contract documentation and Points of Contact. Develop Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and White Paper documents as needed.
- Achieve user proficiency as a user of the All Sites Module (ASM) Configuration Management Tool to track requirements, physical items, change implementation and perform budget analysis.
- Develop meeting presentations as required to support Engineering Team initiatives.
- Support SPA hosted meetings, assisting with the scheduling, development of meeting minutes and track action items.
- Assist with the development of Basis of Design Documentation for facility modifications including equipment power and heat load charts, notional equipment / room layouts.
- Review of NAVFAC Facility Modification Drawings, Technical Data Packages, Installation Control Drawings and Integrated Block Diagrams in support of new AWS Lab installations, Computer Based Training Systems and Simulation Systems.
- Provide Engineering assistance to Configuration Management Group.
- Review equipment decommissioning lists for reutilization opportunities.
- Evaluate commercial based simulation and emulation system used to represent AEGIS Combat System elements for AEGIS system compatibility.
- Evaluate System Change Requests for Configuration Item Applicability.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 4 years related experience.
- Must have or be able to attain a DOD security clearance.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
The Systems Engineer shall have 4 years of experience that demonstrate the ability to direct the preparation of systems design, acquisition, logistics support & change control.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work performed under this contract is performed in support of V41, Sites Planning Agent (SPA). Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually office moderate but includes noise levels consistent to staging facilities and laboratories.
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, candidates for posted positions must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Tatitlek will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Native preference applies pursuant to PL93-638
Job Location Dahlgren, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular